Friday, April 17, 2015

I'm Going to Teach First Grade!

       I am so excited that I will be a First Grade Teacher next year! Hopefully I can create a colorful, exciting, and energetic classroom for all of my little firsties! The first things I thought of were what would my theme be? Which planner should I get?? Where can I find AFFORDABLE books in order to filly my very own classroom library? I feel like I just want to know everything now, so that I can go ahead and start planning everything!

     Planning ahead is what I always try to do. It may not always happen, but at least I have the intentions to be prepared. When I accepted my teaching job, I knew the first thing would be to figure out which lesson planner would work for me. I know that for me, I need to be able to have everything in one place for quick reference and ease of transport (for all the time planning at home). I have FINALLY decided to take the plunge and purchase the Erin Condren Lesson Planner. I am very excited about this and cannot wait to get it in the mail so I can take a better look at it! Another great options for a planner would be the planners made by A Modern Teacher. Her planners are amazing, but I just don't have a the time to devote to fully making it the way I would like it to be, so I decided to go with the EC planner. Hopefully I made the right choice… I guess we will see…

     BOOKS! Oh my could I spend hours and hours wandering around a bookstore. I could also spend WAY too much money on books for my classroom!! While looking through Pinterest, I stumbled across thriftbooks.com. My life has changed FOREVER!! These books are used, mostly in great condition for a fraction of the cost. Even cheaper than amazon and half priced books! I didn't know that was possible!!! IT GETS BETTER! You get free shipping after spending $10 on books and you can sign up to get a coupon! Coupons and something free in one place? YES please! When I get the books I will post pictures so that you can see the quality if you are on the fence.

I feel like my brain is constantly on overdrive with wanting to get everything ready….


     This is such an exciting time! I just want to plan, and of course buy everything!!

If you are thinking about ordering from Erin Condren use this link to get a discount after you make an account: https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/kimberlymcgilvrey0417


No comments:

Post a Comment